Deming & Thompson was a lumber and coal company started in Frankfort in 1887 when George L. Thompson (1860-1942), in partnership with his father-in-law Charles O. Deming (1835-1890), purchased the lumber firm of J.F. Morgan. They were located at 300 W. Washington Street and operated through the 1960s. To see what it looked like in … Continue reading Deming & Thompson Co.
Here is a collection of photos and advertisements pertaining to Freddie Shaffer and His All Girl Orchestra. Freddie was a Clinton County musician who in 1938 formed an all-girl band, which in 1941 played on the first radio show broadcast from Frankfort. For more on Freddie and his band, read his Notable Clinton Countians page, … Continue reading Freddie Shaffer’s All Girl Orchestra
The Historical Society thanks Marvin Nickols for sharing his photos of the Frankfort Roundhouse and other classic Frankfort scenes.